Friday, July 14, 2006

 

My Shared work Day

On the 4th of July I visited Pascalia at Nedlac as a part of my internship programm. I was very excited, because it was a long time since the last time I saw her. I was also looking forward on knowing how she manages the pressure of being an Intern in a big company like that.

I got there at around ten in the morning. I had a privilege of spending few hours in her office. Where I sat and watched her as she was going about her work. At the time she was writing a short article that was going to be read by her managing director. She printed the page and she read it over and over again, just to see whether there were any spelling mistakes.

I have taken that experience along with me, now I do the same before submitting my work. After spending some time in her office we went downstairs in the meeting room. Where we had a meeting with her Supervisor. It was very interesting to me, because what they were talking about is something that we talk about in our meeting too. Maybe it is because we both managing projects and now I found out that we also experiencing same challenges.

It was relief for me to see that Pascalia was also encountering challenges as I did and she also had her own ways of solving them, although some of her solutions were not acceptable to her Supervisor. Then I thought to myself that challenges are always there. When we encounter them is not that we are incompetent,but it is because it's only our first working experience.

We just have to learn from our mistakes and move on. After the meeting we went back to her office where we shared ideas about how to design tables. Then she showed me her table, which I adopted. I’m glad that I got a chance to spend a day with Pascalia. I learned a lot from her. I hope that she also learned something from me as well

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?